Monday, November 23, 2009

~Anabelle's New 8 Year Old Room!!~

Anabelle has been asking for a new room for a while, so I suggested we redo as her birthday present! She's been watching Trading Spaces for Boys & Girls lately, so she really liked the idea of a big reveal on her birthday. I did have to remind her that her room probably wasn't going to be like the ones on the show...you know...ice skaing rinks, revolving doors, climbing walls, etc!

I moved her out of her room for a week and a half & asked her to sleep in the guest room. I decided to leave the walls light pink to save time & money and I started by painting big graphic hot pink flowers to spice it up a bit. I was doing this on a budget, so I had to be frugal. I also got her new curtains, new bedding, a fuzzy rug, and gave new life to a few things I found at Goodwill. Reuse...right!!! I also made some hanging paper bag flowers that I found on Martha Stewart's website. They turned out pretty cute & added a lot of color to the room. I also got rid of the little girl daybed & replaced it with a new headboard I found at The Market Place for $25. I spray painted it white and also painted some pink polka dots. Lastly, I recovered her chair in a polka dot fabric that matched the colors in the room & used the same fabric on her bulletin board.







She woke up early on her birthday and wanted to see the room right away! She was very excited when she saw it and kept saying, "It's pretty!!"

1 comment:

medina family said...

the room looks awesome! I love love the big flowers on the wall...I have a couple of rooms over here that need makeovers. My birthday is in January...haha. The party was amazing too. Those games were totally crazy. You can't get more creative than you.