Thursday, July 15, 2010

Our Gardens

I was outside watering the plants this afternoon when I decided to snap a few shots of our gardens. After two years, our black eyed susans are finally putting on a great show! This bunch started with just a few small plants that my friend gave me one fall. Now they've spread to a nice 3 X5 ft area.

Here's our little vegetable garden with some sunflowers behind it. I'd love to make the vegetable garden bigger and more beautiful one day, but it works for now. We have two tomato plants, lots of little watermelons, and cucumber. We also had sugar snap peas and strawberries.
This year I'm so excited that our sunflowers are doing well! We only lost one to "Nutty Nut"...our frisky squirrel friend who apparently jumped on one and split it in half. Now if we could just keep him off our tomatoes!

Here are our pumpkin plants. We're excited to see some flowers blooming and hopeful we'll have at least three pumpkins by fall (one for each girl).

Lastly, here's our butterfly bush with a few little visitors. We had two swallowtail butterflies and I thought it was interesting how they had different patterns on their backs. Male & female perhaps?























No comments: