Wednesday, August 11, 2010

An Easy Craft Idea~

This summer we've been pretty busy, up until this week. I was really looking forward to some lazy days until I realized the kids can only keep themselves occupied until about 11:00....and then the bickering starts! Not good!!!

So...one day they were out of ideas and I came up with one of my own...paper dolls! I grabbed some plain white paper, crayons, and scissors & called them over to the table. First I drew a girl about 8 inches tall and made sure to draw room under her arms and on top of her shoulders so that the tabs of the clothes would have something to cling to. Then I placed a sheet of paper over the doll and drew a shirt & pants on top. This helps you make sure the clothes will fit properly! When I was done, I cut them out leaving a few paper tabs around the edges that could be folded over to hold the clothes in place. After the first outfit, I realized I should have colored them before cutting out, so we did that with the next pieces of clothing. As I worked, the girls got inspired and started their own. Then they got really creative and wanted to add hats, purses, and even made them beds.

This was a simple project that sparked their creativity and kept them busy for over an hour! I love how they turned out!

1 comment:

medina family said...

those are really cute! They hold out until 11am? Wow.