Sunday, December 4, 2011

Victorian Christmas at Maymont



Anabelle's girl scout troop took at trip to Christmas at Maymont today and I took all of the girls along. It was such a great time! We took a carriage ride and a tour through the Dooley mansion. The inside was decorated for Christmas and was absolutely amazing! My friend gave me a Victorian book a few years ago and I love flipping through to see what neat activities & decorations they did for each holiday. Seeing the inside of the house they way it was in 1890 was just fascinating. I keep thinking about this Tiffany stained glass window that had the sun shining through in the stairway that had every color in the rainbow. I desperately wanted to snap pictures, but it wasn't allowed. I was a little unsure about the tour holding the girls' interest, but they were all enthralled. On the grounds outside, they had people dressed in period clothing, horse drawn carriages, Christmas music, and beautiful greens with big red bows. As the ladies and gentlemen told us today..."Happy Christmas!"































1 comment:

medina family said...

How fun! I've always wanted to ride in the horse carriage. JP took the kids on that tour this summer... I waited outside with Diego...we would not have made it through...and I was surprised that Joaquin did. But everyone came out really impressed. (They couldn't take pics either...I've lived here most of my life, been to Maymont a million times, and STILL don't know what the inside looks like.