Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Garden!


In my effort to be greener & teach the children about gardening, I decided to have a garden this year. Elise and I went to Lowes to buy the lumber & together, we built the raised bed. Elise thought it was so cool that I taught her how to pick out a straight board :0)! So far, we've planted strawberries, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, small watermelons, & carrots. We might add some beans or lettuce as well. I'm worried we're going to run out of room! I'm really hoping something will grow!!! Last year, our potted tomatoes were quite a disappointment :0(. I decided to start out small, so it's only 8'X2'. If it goes well, we'll build another bed behind it next year.

1 comment:

medina family said...

it looks great! you planted some yummy things...I hope they grow too!