Tuesday, September 22, 2009

CARITAS Chair Affair

My friend works for Embrace Richmond which has now merged with CARITAS (Congregations Around Richmond Involved To Assure Shelter) and told me last year about an event called The Chair Affair. Through the Chair Affair, local artists select a chair to redesign to raise money through an auction held in November. My friend knows how much I like to spruce up old pieces of furniture, so she encouraged me to do it this year.

Here is my chair before & my chair after. I made it clear that I'm not an artist, but just a mom who likes to be creative! Although it didn't turn out quite how I wanted, I feel good knowing that, hopefully, I did something to raise money for a good cause. Now I just hope someone likes it :0)!!

1 comment:

medina family said...

Wow! I think you did a great job! You are very creative. Have you checked out any of those crafty blogs I have linked on mine? I think you would like them.