Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Swine Flu? Probably~

Well, I took Anabelle to the doctor yesterday because she was running a high fever on Sunday and although he couldn't test her (because their wasn't enough mucous in her nose...yuck), he said it looks like the flu. It all started with a headache & throat pain on Saturday night and turned into a croupy cough by Monday morning.
After Elise got home from school, I was on high alert & looking for symptoms. Her eyes were a little watery, so I took her temperature, but she was normal. She acted like a normal healthy kid riding her skateboard & jumping around the house all afternoon & evening. It wasn't until bedtime that she just didn't seem right. Sure enough, she had a low fever. Yikes!
Fortunately, Anabelle has a normal temperature today and will probably make her way back to school tomorrow. Elise, on the other hand, spiked a fever of 103.5 this morning. I've been giving them Oscillococcinum which is a natural flu medicine. It's supposed to help improve their symptoms and shorten the duration. I think that in combination with letting them run a low fever has helped. The doctor prescribed Tamiflu, but I'm not thrilled w/ the possible side effects. I have the prescription, but hopefully, Elise will be better tomorrow & I won't have to use it.
So far, Sadie is doing okay. I was keeping her away from her sisters as much as possible, but what a pain!!!! I got tired of saying, "Don't breathe on your sister!"

Please pray that Sadie, Danny, & I will stay healthy!

No comments: