Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crocus~

This fall I finally got my act together and bought some bulbs to plant in the backyard. I chose to plant some crocuses because I have very fond memories of them popping up in my front yard when I was a little girl. I can remember being so excited when I spotted the first ones. I'd gather all of them and put them in a little plastic cup beside my bed. Sadly, they didn't last long (kind of like the fireflies I'd catch), but they brought me such joy. I always thought it was neat how they would open & close depending on the warmth of the day. We're still waiting for the first ones to bloom in our backyard & I hope they put a smile on my little girl's faces...I know they'll put one on mine :0).

1 comment:

medina family said...

I saw some yesterday at the kids' school!! And the daffodils are coming up at the library, too. Yay, spring!