Friday, December 3, 2010

~The Light of the World~







Last night I drove down the street where you can see our house from a distance and was amazed at the view. Danny strung a multitude of lights this year in both our front & backyard. It's a beautiful & magical moment when you stand under them beneath the black sky and it warms you when you gaze at them through the windows. At the start of the Christmas season, I was overwhelmed with the rush & anxiety that can come with it. I found myself dreading the work ahead of me and even sighed at the thought of pulling out those Christmas decorations. How sad is that?? It wasn't until last night when I stood outside in cold night air by myself & took in the view my husband worked so hard to create for us that I felt that peace & joy. The view of the lights was simply stunning and what a beautiful reminder this is of the greatest light of all! The true reason we celebrate this season. It's such a simple reminder, but one that gets lost so easily. I'm so grateful for my husband who worked so hard to light up the house for our children and for me :0).
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for sharing your Joy Darlene! I love it.

medina family said...

Wow! He did an amazing job! I'm looking forward to driving around one evening with the children...and telling them why we decorate with lights. Thanks, Darlene.