Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our Sweet Buxton




We found out Monday that Buxton has a large tumor on his liver. He wasn't eating for three days. Sadie & I spent 2 1/2 hours at the vet where they did over $400 worth of tests to determine the outcome. Now, he's on special food and three types of medication to keep him comfortable. It's horrible to watch a pet age and so sad to know the time is coming where we'll have to say goodbye. Right now he's at the vet getting fluids because he can't keep anything down. We made the decision to let the girls know that Buxton was sick and it breaks my heart to see them so sad about it. We're doing everything we can to keep him comfortable, but the vet said we need to be realistic about his condition. I don't know how many more days he'll be with us, but I do know that I'm going to enjoy my time with him and show him how much he means to us. I took him on a walk yesterday around the lake and let him off the leash to go where he pleased. He was thrilled and went straight into the water. For a moment I saw my sweet energetic puppy again :0)





2 comments:

Unknown said...

so sad, Darlene!! I'm so sorry to hear this.

medina family said...

oops! that Juan is me, Darlene. I'll be thinking of you guys.