Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mmmmmmm...homemade granola



Have you noticed how awful TV is lately? The other night we were watching some mind numbing show when I said, "If we're going to sit here, we should start watching the Food Network." So...Danny flipped over to On Demand & turned on Mexican Made Easy. It loved it! The other night I got this great recipe for Homemade Granola & made a double batch. After two days, only 2 cups are left. It wasn't hard to do & I'm thrilled the kids are excited to eat oats, almonds, raisins, and dried cranberries :0).



If you want a yummy snack that's easy enough for the kids to help with, try this one! Next time I make it though, I might try to sneak in some quinoa or flax seed. One thing...adjust the baking time. I only cooked it for half the time & it turned out perfect. The reviews said that 20 minutes was way too long.


No comments: