Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What am I thankful for?



I'm feeling very thankful today~ The breeze is blowing over the pond in my backyard and through the open windows into my well stocked kitchen while I cook yummy food that we can afford. My loving husband is healthy and hard at work at a good job that can support our family. My smart, beautiful, and also healthy children are playing with their friends in their rooms that are filled with toys and treasures. Tomorrow we will drive our reliable car to see family members that are excited to see us and love us for who we are. I have an email box full of messages from friends and a December calendar full of activities. We have doctors to see if we are sick, money to fix something if it breaks, and a church community, school community, and neighborhood community that would help us if we needed it. We are amazingly blessed in so many ways that it's a bit overwhelming to compile a list. I know that all of these things are blessings from our Heavenly Father who loves us and will never leave us. I have to admit though that underneath my grateful heart, there sometimes lies anger and bitterness for things that are challenging, painful, or at times just overwhelming. We all have that...don't we? Sometimes it's easy to forget all that we have and complain. In these moments, I take comfort in knowing that, "...in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 and that we must give thanks in all circumstances whether it be good or seemingly bad. "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Thessalonians 5:18.

I hope you & yours have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

medina family said...

Thanks for that wonderful message, Darlene! Happy Thanksgiving.