Friday, January 20, 2012

SCA results



So...today was voting day at the girls' school and Anabelle was running for Historian. Basically, the duties include taking pictures of school events and scrapbooking them...that's right up her alley. Prior to the vote, we had a long talk about popularity and how that doesn't mean everything. I made sure I told her how proud I was of her for even trying and we worked long & hard on her campaign poster last weekend. After finding out that there was almost 30 kids running for that job, I really thought her chances were slim and wanted to prepare her for not making it. Well...I had a good feeling when she leaped off the bus today and greeted me with a huge hug. She was selected from her class and will now go to the next round which includes a speech and campaigning. Holy cow! I was so surprised and so happy for her! There are 6 students left, so we'll see how it goes. Now I feel like we have to get really creative with her campaign. They said no food or candy, but stickers & buttons are allowed. Buttons...really?? I guess I'll hop on Pinterest :0).

1 comment:

medina family said...

Yay!! That's exciting! I LOVE the poster. It sounds like a fun job, too. She's got my vote!