Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Frosty Morning Walk

This morning Elise & I bundled up to take a walk around the lake behind our house. What a beautiful site it was! I love how the snow sits ever so delicately on the tops of narrow limbs, the glittery snow mounds, the various shapes & sizes of crystals hidden within snowy footsteps, the contrast of the moving water & the stillness of the snow covered forest. Although I got a few good shots, I'm always diappointed when the photos I take don't capture what I truly see. Here are a few of my favorites.

2 comments:

medina family said...

great pictures Darlene. I tried to capture how beautiful it was with my camera, too, but the pictures weren't even worth posting.

Kim Lukitsch said...

beautiful snow shots, Darlene. I know what you mean about never truly capturing the amazing beauty of the fresh fallen snow, but you did a great job !