Friday, August 12, 2011

"Harry Pawta" and "Hawgwahts"






My girls are hooked! Hooked on Harry Potter that is. Uncle Doug & Aunt Jodi got them the first three books in the series and we just finished the second one. Despite the fact that most of Anabelle & Elise's friends have seen all of the movies (alarming for 8 & 9 years olds I think), I told them that they could only watch them if we read the books first. I'm trying to teach them that books are always better than the movies!! So we started the series in March. Here & there throughout the week I'll read a chapter to the older two while Danny reads to Sadie. Some nights she'll listen, but most of the time she's not interested (which is a good thing because they're pretty scary at times). Just the other day we watched the second movie and they LOVED it! Sadie even watched the "happy parts." As I was making dinner last night she said, "Mom...I want to go to Hawgwhats like Harry Pawta" with an adorable English accent. She's even thinking of being Hermione for Halloween :0)

No comments: