Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Route 12 meets the sea~




Hatteras is so close to our hearts & it hurts to see the damage it suffered. In some parts of the island, the sound (which is like the bay) has connected over the road to the ocean and is impassable. As we were leaving the island Thursday, I felt like I needed to take a photo to remember that special road before the hurricane came through. For almost 20 years, Danny and I have been visiting Hatteras. Every year as soon as we'd hit Bonner Bridge & Route 12 we'd turn on the same Jerry Garcia Band tunes and listen & watch the road as our stresses would begin to melt away. They say the vacation season down there is over for now. Although our vacation was cut short, we are so lucky to have gone when we did. I hope they can repair the damage on 12 & I hope Hatteras will be around for many years to come.




















No comments: