Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Black Hole


So it seems as though we have a black hole in our house. This morning I told Elise & Anabelle to try on their sneakers just to make sure they fit before school starts next week. I bought them big last spring, so they would fit this fall, but I didn't want PE day to sneak up on us and find that their sneakers were too tight. Right now I'm all about making the first week of school a smooth transition :0). So...they ran downstairs to our garage where we keep all the shoes and screamed..."They aren't here!!"

"What do you mean?" I shout back.

"They're not here!" (I should have expected that response).

So I go to investigate and both sets of sneakers are no where to be found. I began my sneaker search certain that they would be in one of the roller skate buckets, ball buckets, or soccer buckets in the garage...nothing. Then I began looking under beds, closets, toy bins...still nothing. After TWO HOURS of searching every square inch including the crawl space...seriously...nothing! How does this happen??? We had them the last week of school and then when summer hit, they were all about their flip flops & Crocs. We just didn't think about them until now. I almost lost my mind this morning looking for them (the bickering in the background didn't help). I had to lock myself in the bathroom just to calm down & put things in perspective. It's only $$40-$50, but it's the point. Where could they have gone???

We've lost other things in the past year including a two matching coats and two hand held games. Notice a pattern here???

I think I'll stop looking for the lost items and start looking for The Black Hole!

1 comment:

medina family said...

That is so frustrating! that happens with my keys quite often, and I always put them in the same place...but they move by themselves somewhere else.

I hope you find them.