Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Making Silhouettes

Have you noticed all of the silhouettes in decorating magazines lately? I can remember making one for myself back in elementary school & always thought they were really cool. When I was decorating my new dining room, I decided I wanted to try and make some of my kiddos.














I got inspired to tackle the task when I saw these at Target on clearance & thought they'd be perfect for the frames. Can't beat $2.48 for a double matted frame! Although they were sealed with glued paper on the back, I just ripped it off & peeled away the photograph. It was a little tricky to do it without ruining the matting, but I just did it very slowly.






Next, I took pictures of the girls. I made sure to keep put them in the same spot and the same distance away from the camera. Then I cut out their silhouettes from the printed photos, traced it on thick black paper, and cut it out carefully. One little snip in the wrong place and you can take away from your child's distinct shape.







After that, I glued the black silhouettes onto while paper & framed it! It only cost $1 in paper and $7.50 in frames.










I love the look of all of them in the room. They're simple, but classy. It's amazing how it captures my little girls' unique faces.








1 comment:

medina family said...

another great idea! good find on the frames too!