Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Calvin is Growing!!







So please help me on this...Do you remember a cartoon with a little girl who would squeeze a cat super tight & say, "I'm gonna love him & squeeze him & never let him go!" I've tried to look it up to see who that was, but all I found was The Abominable Snow Rabbit from Looney Toons. I remember it being a little girl! Anyway....that is totally my kids with Calvin...especially Sadie! Calvin is adjusting well, but totally rules the roost. Not in the sense of getting away with stuff, but in the sense of what we do when! I feel like I can't go anywhere until Calvin has been played with and has gone to the bathroom. He's definitely a sweetie though and loves to cuddle. When we get home from an outing, he cries until someone sits with him in their lap. Cute, but I'll be happy when we get over that hump. I'll also be happy when he consistently sleeps through the night. I was up 3x last night. I never thought I'd be so comfortable in my backyard wearing my jammies with spotlights on me. Spotlights you ask? Yes...we have floodlights illuminating half the yard so we can see if he's gone to the bathroom. There's nothing like standing outside at 3:00 in the morning in your jammies under the spotlight with giant bugs flying into your face while you say bend over saying, "GO DOWNSTAIRS" (our cue for Calvin to go to the bathroom). At first the words come out in a sleepy gentle manner, but as soon as Calvin decides he'd rather lay under the stars, they turn to a combination of Devil & Darth Vader (my patience is paper thin that early). It's definitely my ugliest side. Then as soon as he goes, I try desperately to squeak out a high pitched Mary Poppins like, "Good Boy!" Ughh...yes, this part of puppy hood can't be over soon enough.



1 comment:

medina family said...

Wow! He looks HUGE! Very funny about standing out in your jammies. Bugs would scare me!!