Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Love Our Church!

This week is Vacation Bible School week and what a blast it's been! The theme this year is the Rainforest. I helped ahead of time with the decorating & I'm working in the craft room in the afternoon session. The building looks so awesome! I was feeling a little nutty after making 20 hanging monkeys from scratch out of posterboard, but it was worth it. I enjoy working in the craft room because it's so fun to see all 200+ kids which range from kindergarten to 5th grade. Each day I'm there I feel the Spirit in the lessons we teach and in the interactions with all of the wonderful people involved. This parent came up to me today and said that her son was talking about me last night...how sweet!!! Another child said, "I like you." What a simple thing to say, but it brought me so much joy!
I'm so grateful for our church and for all of the people involved who made this event possible. It's incredible to think about all of the 400+ kids and hundreds of volunteers that have been touched in some way week. While I write this I think about my latest Bible study on a book called, You Matter More Than You Think by Leslie Parrot. There are so many ways we make a difference in other people's lives that we may not even realize and I love to think of the differences that are being made this week in not only the little one's lives, but the big ones as well.

No comments: