Thursday, June 17, 2010

Moms Can't Call in Sick!

Ughhh!!!! Yesterday was awful!!! Elise was home with a fever (but with her normal activity level), Sadie was home, and I was feeling horrible!! I went to bed w/ a sore throat and fever & woke up at 4:00 feeling like I had razor blades in my throat. I manged to get Anabelle ready for school and I even went to my chiropractor appointment. I called to tell them my daughter & I a fever, but she said they wanted me to come in anyway! So...I dragged the girls with me and let them do their thing. I did feel a bit better, so I ran to Target to get a few things...big mistake! While waiting in the checkout line, I thought I was going to fall over. It took every ounce of energy I had to drive home. By 11:00am, I couldn't move on the couch and I decided to call my doctor to make an appointment. I knew I must have strep throat. I get it every year and know the symptoms! After waiting ten minutes on the phone, I finally got through to find out they didn't have any appointments until Monday!!!!! What??? I couldn't believe it. So...I decided to go to the Minute Clinic w/ my two girls. Poor kids! I went in my jammies, hair in every direction, and with a 102 fever. My girls were super sweet and concerned about me, but they got bored. While waiting they wanted to try on every pair of reading glasses, play with the water dispenser, and give each other back massages with the vibrating back thingys while squealing the way little girls do! I'm so glad I didn't see anyone I knew! The doctor at the Minute clinic was not the warm & fuzzy type of person I was hoping for. I think she was having a bad day like me and took out all of her frustrations on my while giving me the throat culture. OUCH!!!!! I think I have scarring in my trachea. As we were waiting for the strep test, she said, "I don't think you have strep. I'm sure it's just a virus." Well, it was positive, so take that you mean ol' doctor!!!!!!!
So...as I write this, I've had three doses of penicillin and I feel SOOOOOOO much better!!! Today, I thank you God for Alexander Flemming for discovering penicillin, for health insurance, and for my sweet hubby for picking up dinner & letting me sleep last night while I snored like a grizzly bear :0)

1 comment:

medina family said...

Darlene that sounds just awful!! I'm so sorry you've been so sick. Doctors always think we don't know anything. I'm glad you are feeling better today.