Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One Proud Mama!!!

At Anabelle & Elise's school, they have a program where they ask the teachers to select one student a month from their class as the Core Value Student. The Core Values are Respect, Responsibility, Accountability, and Honesty. We were thrilled when we got the notice that Anabelle was nominated by her teacher for April. She was SO happy, she leaped off the bus and did a sprint with backpack flying to me to tell me the news. I was so proud of her, but I also felt a little sad for Elise. I could tell it bothered her that she hadn't been nominated this year. It's so hard having two kiddos so close in age at school!!! You want them both to excel and feel good about themselves. In the end, it all worked out. Last week Elise came off the bus grinning with excitement. When she said, "Guess what Mommy!?!" I knew she got it and I was so excited for her. This morning they had the breakfast reception and the girls received their certificates. I was one proud mama!!!

1 comment:

medina family said...

That's excellent! Those are coveted rewards...Joaquin has talked about it every month. I agree...at least both of mine DIDN'T get it, or I'd feel bad about it.